Minzer Old Soul

vintage + handmade + inspirations

Thursday, November 1, 2012

I made it

Sometimes I say to myself, what is the point? Why do I write/post things on this blog? Why do I even make stuff? I sometimes make sales but honestly I make my pocket money selling my thrift store finds and old treasures that I am not crazy about anymore and that have run their course here in my decor. So tonight as I sit here watching my baby that doesn't go to bed when I want her to sit shredding a newspaper that she will no doubt eat, I have decided to just go ahead and maybe someone will see it and like it and really that is all I can hope for. I have reached out to a few stores here in town and all seem interested in my wares but no orders. I was rejected here at the art gallery for a show and I guess I am feelings down in the dumps about my art, sales, likes and blog. Whaaaaa for me, but hey look what I made. I love them and hey if they don't sell then I guess I have Christmas presents to give out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey just saw this post and wanted to say hang in there. You have a beautiful little girl who loves ya even if sales are slow. Some people just don't get it and boutiques are flighty all over. They don't know good until someone else tells them its good.
    Still my dream to have a store back home and show everyone just how good sales could be if they would have just taken a chance on something different.
    Take care
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! :) I just saw this and it made my day, Hope all is well!
      Megan

      Delete