Minzer Old Soul

vintage + handmade + inspirations

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Awhile

Yes it has been awhile but with a move under my belt and a summer in full swing I have excuses that really makes sense for neglecting my writing and posting. It is a Sunday here and I actually have my feet up. One little project idea I have is using the things that didn't sell at my rummage sale this past week and making them over. What a bunch of dweebs who past over my cool stuff! Number one project turned out so sweet and special. It doesn't need a lot of explaining but we as a family took this "ok" and a bit eighties painting to the next level of cool. I bought it thrifting mainly for the frame and put it in the shop thinking someone would snag it but no. So after it sat in the sale I took it inside and bought some acrylics and set everyone to work. 



First off I spray painted part of it gold. Cause, well I had it. Then Maddie went first. I have to say she was the most thoughtful of her brush strokes and took the most time. Carefully stepping back and planned out her process. Like any amazing artist :) 



I made marks and shapes from time to time in between everyone's turns as well. Next up was A and in true fashion made a few marks with seemingly no effort or plan and they turned out to be the most bold and awesome. How does he do it? 


Jack added his lines the next morning along with Ellen. They both took to the brush and paint and canvas with tons of gusto. Without a care in the world and with no plan but added so much to the texture and composition that everything worked together. 



I then went over some of the rougher parts with a gel medium. Urgh I just love it so much. I of course could not wait to hang it. Even though it was nap time I ever so quietly hung it on a sturdy existing nail left here when we moved in. The stairway to the kids rooms/level has been transformed with a pop of much needed color, movement and texture. 



No comments:

Post a Comment