Minzer Old Soul

vintage + handmade + inspirations

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Finders Keepers

First off a blanket I have been eyeing at a shop here in town. $20 bucks and the day I walked in there was a sign in the door that read... "Orange tags, $0.50" low and behold this one had a orange tag. I had to ask twice just to make sure that this piece was marked the way that they wanted it. It is in really good condition and is so warm and heavy I love it. Weirdly enough it was made at the same place, a random far off place, where a earthquake hit yesterday. This blanket is a very small reminder of how small the world is even though we are oceans apart. Funny what connections you can find and make with a simple $0.50 purchase at a thrift store. It had to travel very far to reach me and I am glad it did.




Now what is this? I thought maybe a postcard display from a drugstore long ago. My mom thought a turning picture frame. Whatever it is I can't decide if I should resell it or try and find a use for it in my life. Maybe a sign holder for my minzer booth at the next art show.


And the last shot is of my haul. Pillow, heavy canvas fabric, vintage tin, and a Vera scarf find. All in all money spent...I can't remember. But less then $20!




No comments:

Post a Comment