Minzer Old Soul

vintage + handmade + inspirations

Monday, March 14, 2011

Discarded Floor Samples and K-mart




That is all it took to create these design elements. I was sitting in the pedicure salon looking at a Pottery Barn catalog, and saw something similar and bigger that said "Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come." So I ripped out the page and the next day happened to be at the K-mart down the street. I actually remembered, and that usually doesn't happen too often, to just take a peek at their paint department and found the perfect sized stencils, paint, and tape. For all under $10. The floor tiles I have had for years, they were free, and have moved them, stored them, and stared at them wondering what to do with them. And now it comes full circle... well a small circle in the grand scheme of things but they make me happy and I am proud of how they have turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment