Minzer Old Soul

vintage + handmade + inspirations

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Goal win


I can't recall how the obsession began or when I had my first one. But lord I have been trying to make these for a long time now. Below the blue was my first crack at them. They weren't perfect but I was pumped to get this far. You see a true French macaron has "feet" 
I would get a few good ones, some with cracks, some were flat. I would tweak the recipe, the oven temp, I would use mats, then parchment paper, I would make my own almond flower and then buy it. But i would only get a few to work. These were to crunchy. 
And then over spring break. I did it. I did it twice. I made 100 perfect, foot-ed french macarons. This has been a goal I set for the year, to figure these suckers out.  


I am making more tomorrow.... Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. 






No comments:

Post a Comment